Well, well, well… our Great Urban Race t-shirts NEVER came. And TODAY is the race…We blew it. So in a last minute ditch effort we had to give up the Red Bull shirts we ordered and had to get crafty. After extensive web searching we came upon the site Rabbit Food for My Bunny Teeth, and this girl can make a REALLY cute workout shirts.
I want to be clear the last time I tried to get crafty I decided to make snow globe gift card holders for my co-workers. Pinterest told me it was easy. I still have glitter in the crevices of my kitchen floor AND one of them leaked in my car on the way to school, so we got some glitter up in there too. Despite my past failures, we were out of options so we headed off to Michael’s to hopefully recreate Rabbit Teeth’s craftyness…
1. We first bought these really nice looking t-shirts. And got ready to cut:
2. We cut off the bottom hem, the sleeves, and the collar. We decided not to cut to low on the front in the back because we are modest school teachers after all…
3. We put sticker letters on the front to try to recreate so resemblance of our long lost Red Bull shirts.
4. We spray painted with fabric paint, let dry and peeled off the letters.
5. Here is what we got: an apron of sorts.
So luckily our shirt/aprons have a cute Nike sports bra under it in order not show some serious Miley Cyrus side boob. I am not really sure where we went wrong but like I said craftiness is not my strong suit. These will do and when (notice that optimism) we go to Vegas for the GUR championships we will get much better costumes. Not a question. There will be no slacking next time. We learned our lesson. I’ll be back tomorrow afternoon after I get home from NYC to recap the race and share our results! After Super Cooper is smothered in hugs and kisses! Miss my little chunklet!